Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend's over already?

I had a very full weekend and I'm sad to see that it's over already.  I had friends from Oklahoma come up to visit and a friend of mine, Joni, came to stay the night from Conovor.  We all went out to Texas Roadhouse on Friday.

Thank God for call ahead seating is all I can say.  We waited barely 5 minutes.  Woot!  We saw some other friends there and had thought about joining our two parties, but it would have made our wait an hour long, so sadly we were all better off just being split up.

Saturday Joni forced me to be up and at the Rabbit Show by 7:30 am.  Yeah, seriously, she wanted to get there at 7am and I grumped until she "compromised".  We had a great time, but I was so exhausted that even though I got home and all the rabbits settled in by 4pm, the rest of the day was shot.  I lounged on the couch watching football (yay my Tar Heels won!) and then "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry".  I love that movie.

By 10:30 I was in the bed, sleeping the sleep of the innocent (or the dead).

I got up the next morning at 9ish.  I say 9ish, because the alarm was set for 9, but it took 4 minutes for it to break through my stupor.  I spent the day with Melanie and LeAnne, the friends from Oklahoma. We headed to my hometown so they could see "The World's Largest Dollar Tree".  I'm not sure if it's really the world's largest or not, but it's huge.  We really were just trying to waste time until the Antique Store opened.  It was the only Antique Store for miles and miles that works Sundays- go figure.  Since it's 2 acres in size (in the old Kmart, ha!) we spent all of our time there.  Tim made it home just before our friends left so he could say goodbye.

Lucky, lucky Mel and LeAnne then headed to Asheville to vacation in the lovely NC Mountains.  I'm jealous.  Meanwhile, I lounged around watching Storage Wars and NFL Football. 

And now it's Monday.  Boooooo.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment