Friday, September 16, 2011

Just Gotta Sing


I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over, yeah.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
"I'll remember", you said,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead.

 I often have to fight the urge to break out in song while I'm sitting in my office. I particularly love what Tim refers to as my "emo" music.  And maybe it is "emo" in the strictest sense of the word.  It's emotional, it's passionate... yes, sometimes it's about how badly things suck or lost love, etc.  It's not always about the words but how they are said!  Give me a good, emotional, richly layered song and I literally have to bit my lip to keep from singing along.

Don't get me wrong, I love the tinny, auto-tuned pop songs too.  They are fun and I enjoy singing along to them, but it's like- well it's like eating marshmallows versus a nice steak dinner.  Marshmallows are fun and a nice treat, but you can't live off of them. 

By the way, if you haven't seen Adele's performance of "Someone Like You", check it out. 


Get More: 2011 VMA, Music, Adele

I get goosebumps.  That is what I'm talkin' about.

By the way- I never do burst out in to spontaneous song in the office.

I save that for the car ride home.


-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment