Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

New Years Resolutions.

Is there any more scoffed at idea? We all know what we resolve to do.  Be a better person.  Be more patient, be more kind.  Get in shape (HA).  Eat better.  Cook more at home. Save more money.  Do more volunteer work.

The list goes on and on and on.

We all start out with the best intentions, but it can be hard to stick with, especially since we are trying to change habits about ourselves that are often based on the path of least resistance.  It's easier to choose sit on the couch eating cheetos, rather than to choose to run on a treadmill and eat steamed broccoli.

So my New Years Resolutions?  Save Money, Be Healthier.

Saving money is a high priority on my resolutions list because my ultimate goal is to be able to retire early and do fun stuff forever and ever until I die.  To do this, I have to be even smarter about how I spend my money- which means less randomly frittering it away on junk.  2012- I will save more!

Be healthier means a lot of things- lose some weight (I have gained back 5lbs over the past 2 weeks.  BLAH).  I also mean mentally healthier, which I've already started working on.  I'm taking my Vitamin D3 to help with the seasonal depression, I'm trying my best to soak up as much sunlight and I'm distancing myself from things that may cause me drama.  I want to be stress free this winter!

Do you have any New Years Resolutions?  What are they?

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment