Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crocheting

I'm working on crocheting.  This isn't a new venture, I've been "working" on crocheting off and on since middle school.  Somehow, it always falls by the wayside, then I completely forget what in the world I was doing.  I have to relearn how to do it.  The same thing happened with knitting, though luckily I can only loom knit, which is considerably easier than "real knitting".

I have spent the last few days rolling yarn in to balls. It's simultaneously very satisfying to see how quickly it transforms and very boring.  I used a particularly ugly ball of yarn to single and double crochet to reacquaint myself with the stitches.

Anyway, last night I decided to go ahead and start working on what everyone starts out doing- a scarf.

Unfortunately, I used a yarn I liked.  I say unfortunately because this sucker is way too wide. It also has some fun random holes in the side of it.  I absolutely despise turning the project to start a new row.  Hate it.

So now I'm torn.  Do I start over and unravel my "scarf" which is roughly the size of a dish cloth right now?  Do I just accept it's going to be goofy and recognize I can always go buy more fun yarn?  Mostly, I don't want to waste all that work, but this thing is seriously going to be super bulky. 

Maybe it can be a baby rabbit blanket or something instead.

-Kristen

2 comments:

  1. I think you should keep it as it is. It's your first and it can be a way to look back at how far you've come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point. I guess I'll just let the mistakes slide :).

    ReplyDelete