Monday, January 2, 2012

Couponing Awesomeness

Here lately, the coupons have been flying fast and furious!

Royal Canin sent me an email coupon for $4.00 off a bag of their cat food or a box of 3 small samples of different kinds of food.  The samples cost $3.99 a box- free cat food!

Science Diet Ideal Balance Dog Food has a rebate out. So we paid $9.99 for a bag and will get that badk in a few weeks- free bag of dog food!

Arm & Hammer Cat Litter has a rebate out on their 20lb boxes of the new baking soda coated cat litter.  $8.23 at Walmart, we'll get that back- free cat litter!

We also got a $10/$10 purchase coupon from Staples!  I scored an 8 pack of Bounty paper towels, a box of 100 paper clips (filler item), a box of 100 bandages and a package of 2 personal size hand sanitizers for $0.54.  We could have made this deal better, but the Bounty came up cheaper than it was supposed to be, so I had to get more filler items, rather than a reasonable priced second item.  Still... $0.54 for all of that!  I have no idea what we did to deserve that coupon, it came in the mail, so don't ask me- just be sure to read everything that comes in!

This isn't including the smaller couponing I've been doing- the non-free item kind. It amazes me what stores and companies will give away- just to try to hook you on their products.

I really need to learn how the Staples Rewards program works.  If I know that, I could have rolled that free $10 in to more free money.  Once I figure it out, I'll be sure to share :).


-Kristen

3 comments:

  1. Were you able to find the Royal Canin at Petsmart?
    :) thanks for the dog/cat rebates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! It's right beside the regular Royal Canin cat food! It costs $3.99 and the coupon is for $4.00. That is normally not a problem, but if you have an incompetent cashier like I did today, it's a problem. Eurgh.

    Don't forget to buy the rebate items on separate receipts, since both require you to send in the original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The store we went to didn't have the litter, so going to try Wal-Mart and Petsmart tonight.

    ReplyDelete