Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Vacation Planning

Well, it's that time of year again. With Christmas over, Tim & I start trying to plan our vacation!

This year is a little unique, in that we won't be attending the National Convention for the rabbits, and the smaller Breed Nationals show is literally 20 minutes away for us.  This means I won't have to take any vacation days for either show.  No hotel fees, gas, food costs- none of it associated with the expensive larger shows, and no $15 an entry show fees!

So.  That means if we want to, we can take a really nice vacation! One with- dare I say it?- airfare.

Vacation planning time always depresses me just a little. It's hard to plan so far in advance.  What if we have a major bill come up? That happened to us last year, which cast a bit of a pall on Disney World.  What if I break a leg? What if, what if, what if.  Remember, I'm an excessive worry wart.

Not to mention, vacations are expensive.  I know they don't have to be, but even driving somewhere semi-locally, like the beach, can run in to some money.  After all, you have the gas expenses, plus food expenses and lord-forbid you want to go out and do things while you are there!  We do our best to offset our costs, which I will talk about in another post, but still, no matter what you do, vacations can drain your bank account.

Still- you're only young enough to really enjoy your vacations once, right?  For instance- I don't think Vegas at 80 would be the same amount of fun as Vegas at 30.

Besides, Tim lets me ruin our vacation days with rabbit shows.  He deserves a super nice one every little bit. I might even let him decide where we go.

Though I retain full veto power, of course.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment