Monday, October 3, 2011

Where is Fall?

I check the calendar and it says October.

For me, October is the quintessential fall month.  Fall produce like pumpkins are everywhere, the leaves are changing on the trees, the days are cool, the nights are crisp and summer's heat is finally only a memory.

However, this year it seems like October is battling the unseasonably warm temperatures of September by dipping down directly into November's chill.  As I told a friend recently "It feels like we went directly from mid-August to mid-November!"

As I sit here in my office, my nose and fingers are freezing.  Refusing to admit it's so cold so quickly, I am of course dressed in a short sleeve shirt, jeans and a t-shirt.  If I don't dress in warm winter clothing, I can deny that we've skipped Fall...right? That's totally how that works, I'm sure of it.

At least it seems that we will be having some warmer temperatures later on in the week.  Maybe I'll get my Fall after all!

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment