Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chicken Nachos

You'll need:

Chicken Breasts
Season-All
Finely shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Salsa
Nacho chips
Black Beans

This is one of my favorite recipes, modeled after Chicken Nachos from a place called Cosmic Cantina.  It was cheap and easily accessible in college, so we ate there a lot.

Sprinkle the Season-All over your chicken breasts.  I use two for myself and Tim, so adjust that accordingly to the size of your family.  I have several different spices I like to use for this, but the easiest is just plain old season all.  I like to use a lot on the chicken for more flavor.  Toss your chicken on the grill or the George Foreman Grill.

Start heating up your black beans.  I don't use these, but Tim does.

Lay out your plates and start putting your nacho chips on there.  How many you'll need is really based on how much you eat- this is one of those recipes like "spaghetti" where there aren't really amounts, it is all based on your preferences.

When the chicken is cooked through, take it off the grill and cut it in to small chunks.  Usually I make Tim do this, while I slather his nacho chips with the beans (I prefer to use a spoon with holes in it so the beans can drain before they are put on the nachos). 

Then I put salsa on both of our chips.  Tim likes a LOT of salsa with minimal juice.  I like lots of the salsa "juice" because I enjoy my nachos slightly soggy.  I'm odd. Again, do it to taste, but I like to have salsa on every bite.

Split the chicken chunks up amongst the plates of nachos.  Two chicken breasts for two people are more than enough, if you have a small child two breasts would easily take care of the three of you.

Sprinkle the mozzarella over your chicken nachos!  If I had to guess, I probably use a quarter cup of cheese on mine and a little more on Tim's.

Voila!  Chicken Nachos.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment