Thursday, October 20, 2011

Feeling the "eek"

I was letting the dogs out for a potty break when Tim suddenly twitched and yells "Stop sniffing my leg!"  He reached forward and slapped the air near his knee, then looked confused when he didn't encounter anything.  What he didn't know and I had already seen was that there was nothing near him.

It was a haunting.

"Oh my GOD IT'S A SPIDER."

Or it was a spider. 


Tim is terribly uncomfortable around spiders. I've often had to kill spiders for him, because he couldn't work up the nerve to do it.  Especially the big ones.

Not this time though.

I saw it scuttle away from him, running fast across the carpet.  Rather than make any move to help him or use any one of the 6 shoes near the door to kill it, I did what any good, loving wife would do.


I started jumping up and down and squealing at the top of my lungs interjecting "Get It, Get It, getitgetitgetigetitgetit."  There may be truth to the rumor I was grinning like an idiot the entire time.

He figured out it was just a granddaddy-long leg and it took him several hilarious attempts to catch the spider without having to touch it more than was absolutely necessary.  Then he tossed it outside.  All while I was bouncing up and down, squealing.

It was surprisingly entertaining for me.

Next time, instead of being helpful in any way, stand and squeal. See if it doesn't crack you up!

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment