Sunday, November 13, 2011

Crockpot: Garlic Lime Chicken

4 chicken breasts
Lime juice ( I use "Real Lime"- the equivalent of 2 limes, approximately 1/4 cup)
2 cloves of garlic, minced (I used pre-minced garlic)
1 1/2 cups of chicken broth (I make my own with a boullion cube)
1 cup uncooked instant rice
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tbsp dried thyme (optional)

Place your chicken breasts in your crock pot, then use the juice from your limes to drizzle over the chicken. 

Use more or less depending on your tastes, but lime can be a little strong when you use the drippings for the rice later on, so I urge you to err on the side of caution the first time you make this!

Add the minced garlic, then pour your chicken broth in.

Add the black pepper and dried thyme.

Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours, or high heat for 4-5 hours.

I skim out some of the broth the chicken has been cooking in, trying to leave any fat hunks or grossness in the pot. If I'm lacking what I need to cook the rice, I make it up in a little extra chicken broth (I seriously just break off a small piece of bullion and add more water), then cook my rice separately.  When it's done, serve the chicken over the rice!

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment