Thursday, August 30, 2012

Make Your Own Laundry Color Catcher

I've had a few free samples of Shout Color Catcher sheets.  It always amazes me how even old clothing leaks colors in to the washing machine water.

Did you know you can make your own laundry color catcher sheets?

You will need:
1 yard of scrap fabric
1 tablespoon of Washing soda
1 cup of hot water

Dissolve the washing soda in to your hot water.  Stuff in your scrap fabric until it becomes saturated, then let it dry.  

Cut off a piece (or precut the fabric and just grab a sheet) of your dried fabric and toss it in your laundry load.  You're done!

-Kristen

2 comments:

  1. I just want to know... it can be used right after you saturate it, right? While the others are drying on the clothes line? I am assuming that we dry them just for convenience so we can bag a bunch of them to use as needed? This is exciting, and we can reuse the fabric by boosting with more Washing Soda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried it right after saturating it. Everything I have seen online suggests drying the fabric before using it! I am glad you were excited too, I squealed when I first found out I could make my own color catchers hehe!

      Delete