Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Reorganizing the Guest Room!

Now that I am happily unemployed (well, relatively, I do still sell Thirty One Gifts and work in the nursery on Sundays), I'm working on getting this house under control!

Today I've decided to tackle the guest bedroom- aka the junk room.  Unfortunately, when we moved we downsized.  I've donated, given away and thrown out tons of things in the three years we have lived here, but somehow we still have too much junk!

Part of it is my unwillingness to get rid of some of my craft items.  I want to paint more, I want to cross stitch more- I want to finish those latch hook projects- but I just don't have the time to do it.  Still, I find it hard to move out my items.

Part of the problem is that the house also came with furniture I don't want and don't need- but we have to find a place to "cram".  If we stick it outside in the garage and it gets ruined, it's still our fault, even though we've asked them to remove what we don't want.  Sigh.

So, I'm working on trying to condense what I can't bring myself to donate or give away.   I'm trying to put all the unwanted furniture in the guestroom.  It's not going to give folks who need to stay the most luxurious room in the house, but it comes down to inconveniencing one person for a day or two, versus everyone in the house all the time.

I definitely think this is going to be longer than a one day project!  Accccck!

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment