Thursday, July 18, 2013

Google It!

I am giving making yeast rolls once last shot.  I always manage to royally screw it up, most recently adding too much salt.  It should be noted that this is the same recipe I use for my homemade bread, so I really should have a better handle on it, but what can I say... it's my Achilles Heel.

I turned on the bread machine and it appeared to be stuck on a 4 hour bake cycle.  I tried several things- holding the on/off button for 10 seconds.  Unplugging it, then plugging it back in.   Randomly mashing buttons while cursing at it.  I tried everything ya'll.

Now this is where you can save some money.  I could have chunked it out and bought a new one.  I could have taken it in to be repaired somewhere.

Instead, I jumped on google and looked up "Panasonic bread machine won't change functions".  <-- eloquent, no?   Instantly up came pages of people who had the same problem.  The solution? Hold the on/off button until it turns off, then hit the timer button.  Voila, it functions again.

Woo hoo! Saved myself having to buy a new machine or pay someone to do the exact same thing!  So next time you have an appliance or item that went a little wonky for no reason- simply google what it's doing.  Chances are, someone online has a simple solution for fixing your problem!

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment