Friday, July 6, 2012

I think I'm melting

Oh what a world... what a worrrrld.

It's still incredibly hot here.  The peppers and tomatoes are literally blistering on the vines, the grass is dead and makes an audible crunching noise if you are unfortunate enough to have to walk on it and even the dogs don't want to spend more than the few minutes it takes them to do their business outside.

It's only July. 

There are lots of things I'd like to be outside doing right now.  Working on the chicken coop extension, for example.  Cleaning rabbit cages- ok that one doesn't top my "like to do" list, but it needs to be done. I wouldn't mind wandering around a local park with one of the dogs or working in the garden while the chickens free range the yard.

Instead I'm trapped inside.   The sun is relentless, the clouds refuse to even venture in to our little part of the sky and the temperature persists in creeping up towards 100.

And it's only July.

I could be working on my novel or cleaning this cluttered hell-hole I call our house, but I find it much more interesting to blog to you about how bored I am because the heat threatens to turn me into a raisin every time I look out the window.

Poor, poor me.

We are scheduled to get a few days break from the heat early next week.  Looks like I'll have to find new reasons to stay glued to the couch.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment