Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chili in a Jar

Do you like chili? I know Tim loves my special recipe chili, but I cringe when he asks for it because it's so expensive.

This year, I think I've got that beat though! I plan on canning ingredients for my chili straight from the garden now- then this winter I can simply dump in a few cans of jarred ingredients and not have to worry about making as much of a mess.

For instance- I need 3 cans of diced tomatoes (28 oz. each jar), a green bell pepper and a medium diced onion.  I can go on and can the tomatoes, pepper and onion together now in 3 quart mason jars, along with hot peppers to taste.  They will keep wonderfully well and when I'm in a hurry, I can dump them straight in to the crockpot with no fuss.  That will save the kitchen some dirty dishes, save me time and save us all money, since I have more tomatoes than I can use right now.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment