Wednesday, May 30, 2012

6 years

Tim and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary on Sunday.  In some ways, it's hard to believe it's already been six years, but it also feels like it's been much longer than that- after all, we've been together almost 9 years at this point.

Since our anniversary fell on a Sunday and Tim had to work, we decided to wait and go out to dinner on Monday, reasoning most people would be grilling out for Memorial Day.  We were absolutely correct- Carrabas was nearly deserted.  Yes, before anyone asks- I did have a coupon.

Each year we look up what the "traditional gifts" are and try to make sure that our gifts to each other incorporate that.  Some years it is definitely a challenge to find a gift the other person will like!  This year was Iron. 

Ugh, iron.  Really?  I looked up a lot of very blah gifts before stumbling on one I thought Tim might have fun with- a branding iron for steaks! You heat it up and can sear words in to your meat.  It was goofy enough and geeky enough I knew he'd love it and it plays off the "iron" theme.  I got him a few other little odds and ends to round out the gift.

In return, Tim purchased me a beautiful limited edition print from an artist I was drooling over- and some iron coins.  I  had no idea there was such a thing either, but there are- this set of three is from Sweden.  I have a passion for collecting foreign coins and old US coins, so this was definitely the perfect gift.

So now we are hurtling towards Anniversary #7 and I'm already thinking ahead to next year's gift.  Copper and Wool? Really? Don't make it too easy on us now.


-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment