Thursday, May 10, 2012

Helping Hands

As I sit here trying to while away my last few hours in North Carolina (at least for a week), I was thinking about everything that had to be done.

We dropped the dogs off at my Dad's house yesterday.  We're so lucky that he is willing to watch all three whenever we need him to!

I gave some final information to my friend Becca who is coming to care for the rabbits and chickens, as well as check on the cats.  We're so lucky that she is willing to drive 20 minutes out to our house every day to make sure they are comfortable and don't go hungry or thirsty.

We finished putting up the insulation in the rabbitry and it works beautifully with the AC to keep the temperatures nice and cool.  For the first time in six years, I can go on vacation and not worry about them being too hot.  We're so lucky that my Dad was willing to come give up an entire Saturday to work with us, helping us get it up.

We're extremely lucky that we now live close enough to friends and family that are willing to lend a helping hand when we need it- it's most apparent right now as we prepare to leave for a week.  We've had tons of offers of driving us to the airport and picking us up from the people at Tim's churches- one lady is even going to come water the garden for us if it doesn't rain while we are gone (her idea!)

It's easy to get caught up in all the bad stuff and the bad people.  Sometimes it's nice to just take time to appreciate the little things people do that make our lives better.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment