Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mega-Let Down

 

Like millions of other people, I bought in to the lottery fever. Tim and I headed to a nearby gas station and plopped down $5 of our hard earned money to buy a chance at the dream- at the time, the jackpot was only $540 million dollars.

$540 million dollars.  It's little wonder that all I could talk about pretty much the entire day Friday was what I'd do with that much money.  I've already told you what I'd do with a much lower amount of $30 million.  Suffice it to say the sky is the limit with an estimated payout of around $230 million!

At 11:00pm, we waited on the Mega Millions numbers to be drawn.  I knew instantly we weren't even close.  Not. Even. Close.  Even though I knew we wouldn't win- don't get me wrong, I like to dream, but I sure wasn't rushing out to buy my silver spoon just yet- it was still a bit of a disappointment. 

Three lucky people out there did win however.  Their lives have been changed forever with just a few lucky numbers.  Incredible.  I wish I wasn't so jealous I'm turning green just thinking about it.

Oh well, it looks like I won't be quitting my job and buying that horse farm after all.  

It's not all bad news though- I didn't win the jackpot, but I did correctly pick the Mega Ball on one of my tickets.  So I won $2.

See- there is always a silver lining somewhere.  You just have to look.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment