Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Bake


I found a recipe on facebook for "Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas"- but I'm not really sure why these are considered enchiladas- so let me introduce my much-modified Cheesy Chicken Bake recipe!

You'll Need:
2 cups of shredded chicken
2 cups of chicken broth
5 burrito shells (or 10 soft taco shells)
2 cups of shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
3 tbsp of butter
3 tbsp of flour
1 cup of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 (4oz) can of diced green chiles (not spicy)

While your oven is preheating to 350 degrees, grease up your 9x13 pan.

Mix your chicken and 1 cup of your cheese in a bowl.  Roll in your tortillas and place in the pan.  I added a little extra feta cheese since I had it on hand.  Nom nom.  I also cut two of the rounded edges off the tortillas once I start to roll- I don't like when there is a ton of extra tortilla- I'm weird, sue me.   So, the ends are still rounded, the part you roll over the meat and cheese are straight edged!

In a sauce pan, melt your butter.  Sirt in the flour and cook one minute . It kind of looks like you're making a biscuit in a pan at this point.  Add in your chicken broth and wisk it until smooth.  Heat it over medium heat until it's thick. 

Stir in your chiles and cream of chicken soup. Heat and wisk until smooth. 

Pour over your stuffed tortillas.  Are you drooling yet? 

Dump the remaining cheese on top, then Bake for 22 minutes.   Under high broil, brown your cheese for another 3 minutes.

It's done!

I think next time I may add in some more cheese and maybe a little salsa inside the shells.  This is another very customizable recipe.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment