Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lil B'ness on the Side

We came home from Israel and had sixty eggs waiting on us. 

Yeah- that's right.   Sixty.  6-0.

Needless to say, that's way more than our little two person household can handle. 

I've decided to offer some of our eggs for sale-  after all, our eggs are extremely fresh, our hens get out on the grass daily and are kept outside in the fresh air, unlike commercial egg factories.

I'm excited to say I already have orders totaling 5 dozen eggs.  While I'm only selling each dozen for $1.00, $5 will help pay for their feed and is more than I'd get if the eggs go bad because I can't use them quickly enough.

In the future I may bump up my egg prices, but this isn't something I'm considering turning in to a big business- I'm just happy the eggs won't go to waste and the chickens can help support themselves.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment