Monday, December 10, 2012

Bah Humbug

It's official- I'm the grinchiest grinch of them all this year.

I've decided those Christmas decorations are just not getting put up this year.

The Christmas tree is out and mostly undecorated.  It is a pre-lit fake tree and half of the lights on the top portion suddenly winked out.  It felt a bit like putting lipstick on a pig to decorate the tree and then have the lights not working, though some friends sent us a beautiful bunny ornament- it is holding court in the middle of the tree, sparkling in it's singular glory.

The mantle remains unadorned- not stocking are going to be hung with care by the chimney this year and I don't even have a good place to put out the Nativity scene, so that probably won't happen either.

We have had so much going on and with it being approximately two weeks until Christmas, I just don't feel like going through the hassle of spending all night decorating, only to have to take it down so soon afterwards.

I just don't care about Christmas this year.  I'm so tired of the freaking out over presents and having to go to everyone's Christmas parties even though everyone there would rather be anywhere else.  No one ever comes to our house, so why should I kill myself trying to make it looks festive?

At least it is almost over.  Bah Humbug.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment