Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fall Food Hoarding

I am not sure what it is, but Fall always speaks to me in the most basic way- ie. I start hoarding away food for the winter.

I know, we have lovely little grocery stores and huge mega-stores that carry anything you want all year round, but still- come Fall, every year, my instincts kick in.  I mentioned the other day about harassing my Dad to fill my freezer with deer meat- I was totally serious.

My couponing always kicks in to top gear in the Fall and that is what I've been doing lately.  Popcorn and pizza may not be the healthiest meal, but hey- food is food and thanks to some deals, we have quite a few frozen pizzas and several boxes of microwave popcorn, along with various other odds and ends.

I have been a bit lazy recently with my couponing.  So much has been going on, it just hasn't been top priority, but with the colder temperatures recently, it has picked back up!

My saddest realization is the lack of canned and frozen fresh foods from this year.  Unfortunately, prices never really got to where I wanted to see them for me to *buy* and freeze corn.  Meanwhile, a ton of rain early in the season stunted the gardens in this area.   No fresh salsa for me, and definitely no canned salsa this year.  Sigh.

Oh well, there is always frozen pizza and popcorn :).

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment