Saturday, February 1, 2014

I'm stuck

Lately I've been working at a good clip on my book- I'm down to the last chapter or two, which is incredibly exciting for me. 

Unfortunately- I'm a little stuck.  I know what has to happen, I am just drawing a blank how to get my characters where they need to go.

When it comes to times like these, I don't try to force it.  I'll spend sometime (not tomorrow, tomorrow is the SUPER BOWL!) sketching and outline of this next series of events. I'll even rework the previous chapter to see if I can take everyone down a new path which will open up things for me.

It is a very intense thing, writing a novel.  I almost wonder if I haven't put this wall in my own mind because I'm a little scared to finish the story.

Anyway, it's almost DONE. I anticipate having it finished in the next two weeks.  Then I'll go back, work my rewrites and get my readers lined up.

I'm really, really excited- writing is a passion of mine and I can't wait to submit an actual work.  I pray I can get it published, but even if I can't pick up an agent, there are so many options out there now- quite a few writers self-publish and when they show they can attract readers, are offered publishing contracts for subsequent books.

Wish me luck!

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment