|Yes, I'm a rebel- those are Halloween cupcake liners and it's only September|
Churro Cupcakes (from here!)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set the mixture aside.
- In a large bown cream together the butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. Then add the eggs one at a time. After this is combined add the oil and vanilla.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and stir lightly. Then add half of the milk, again mixing lightly. Continue these steps with another 1/3 of the flour, remainder of the milk, then the last 1/3 of the flour mixture. Mix it until just combined, careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into a lined cupcake pan, only filling each only half way. According to the recipe, these won't form a nice dome on top when baked so you don't want to fill them 2/3 of the way like usual.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes for regular sized cupcakes and let cool completely before frosting.
*I sometimes mix up some white granulated sugar and cinnamon, then dip the top of each cupcake (while hot, before icing is applied) to the mixture. It gives them a nice crisp crunch :).
- I mix up a vanilla icing with cinnamon in it- yum yum yum.